I’m deep into the step outline of my WIP. Now that I finally decided on the premise for the book, things are moving along.
The process is going like this:
- Identify key scenes where the premise moves closer to, or farther away from being proven.
- This goes for subplots as well.
- Define the before and after state of each scene.
- Define the blow-by-blow (loosely) in between the before and after states.
- Arrange the scenes in order
- Create scenes in between those to bridge the gaps and tell the story.